Friday, August 4, 2017

Succulent Mandala #3

Succulent Mandala #3
12 x 12
Pastel on UArt 500
This is the succulent Echeveria gibbiflora. What fascinated me about this specimen was not only the ruffled leaves, but the color variation - like a psychedelic kaleidoscope of color. However, when when I put it in my painting file next to the Mandala #1 and #2, I realized the pattern kind of broke with the other two. That being said, the Star Series had agave with pointed leaves and rounded. So, I'm going to leave this one up to my followers...and maybe we don't decide on if it stays or leaves the series, until more are complete. Perhaps, it will be better with others that are coming soon.

On my last post, it occurred to me to pattern the succulent mandala after the chakra. My plan was for five in the series. There are seven chakra...so....we shall see where this goes. So far we have the chakra listed below - clearly, I may have to reorder the numbers or rename the paintings....and I can do that because that's my privilege as the artist! I like that!


1. Succulent Mandala #1 - Indigo - Third Eye - Purple (or deep indigo blue) is the color of the third eye chakra (sixth chakra); it evokes intuition, extrasensory perception, inner wisdom.


2. Succulent Mandala #2 - Orange - Sacral - Orange is the color of the sacral chakra (second chakra); it carries meanings associated with emotions, creativity, sexuality, and is associated with water, flow.


3. Succulent Mandala #3 - Turquoise - Throat - Blue (or Turquoise) is the color of the throat chakra (fifth chakra); it symbolizes self expression, expression of truth, creative expression, communication, perfect form and patterns.


Here are the progress shots on this latest entry in the series and how it will look framed. And....once again - I forgot to under paint, and I cannot blame it on being sleepy this time. Now I'm just forgetful!






No comments:

Post a Comment