Saturday, August 5, 2017

Moondance and Little Nemo

Moondance and Little Nemo
14 x 18
Pastel on UArt 500 (on board)
About this time 2 years ago (July 19) I painted this image on a piece of Canson black paper. I never did anything with that painting, it was more of a study and distraction. One of our older pets was not well at the time, and we let him go about a month later. This year has been a challenging one for us again with pet loss. We lost another older male cat in April. In June and July we lost two of our older large koi (Serenity and Flop). 

I was getting bored of painting succulents and needed a break. I went by my favorite neighborhood garden store (Hill Country Water Gardens and Nursery). I took photos of succulents and lilies. But this photo is from my own pond a couple of years back. The water lily is called Moondance and it's prolific. HUGE ivory flowers. I'll probably do a few more water garden paintings. I actually do enjoy both my water garden as well as my succulents.....talk about opposite ends of the spectrum!
Original Photo




Gouache Underpainting



No comments:

Post a Comment