Sunday, August 6, 2017

Big AL and Pal

Big AL and Pal
14 x 18
Pastel on UArt Board
Another scene from my water garden. We have leopard frogs and sometimes they sun themselves during the day. On this particular day, my Albert Greenberg (which I sometimes call Big Al) was blooming prolifically. I love this waterlily for not only the beautiful flowers held way above the water, but also the variegated pads. Now, while those pads may be pretty to look at they are a challenge to paint without looking contrived. I may need to practice some more.

I  missed my progress shots other than my gouache under painting. But at least I can show you the actual photo from the garden :)




Gouache Underpainting


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Alice! So good to hear from you! Been missing your blog!

      Delete