Friday, July 28, 2017

Claret Quartet

Claret Quartet
12 x 9
Pastel on Art Spectrum Black
I like working in a series. This is the second of a claret cup series. I don't know if I'll do more. It really depends on how lazy I am in getting a new palette together. It's kind of like the dishwasher or laundry. I like loading the dishwasher, not so much putting dishes away. I don't mind doing laundry or even folding, just not the put away part. So it is with pastels; for the most part, I like choosing new paintings and a palette for the painting. Sometimes it makes me nervous to choose a new palette - the unknown - the self induced pressure of creating something pleasing to the senses. What I don't like is cleaning my pastels and putting them away. That's kind of a good reason to not get crazy with a bunch of colors, less to clean up. Also, it keeps a harmonious palette to not keep going back to your box for something else. A little bit is okay, too much....and you've got mud.

Anyway, here's some progress shots of Claret Quartet. As I said in my last post, I was clear headed with my clarets - and remember to do progress shots! I did make some artistic adjustments w/the placement of a second yellow flower.




4 comments: