Monday, June 19, 2017

Pink Cholla

Pink Cholla
9 x 12
Pastel on Art Spectrum Leaf Green

Getting ready for the Rockport Art Festival on July 1st and 2nd...in the city of, you guessed it, Rockport. As I composed my newsletter yesterday, I realized that this spring, I sold forty four (44) original paintings. So, I'm working to bring up my inventory in the small and medium sizes.

While I had the pink pastels out, I thought I'd do another pink floral with some cholla from Big Bend. What I like about cholla is the channeled segments. This is the same palette as my prior painting from my last post. 

The subject of my last blog was about the age old question "how long did it take you paint that". Since I had done the prior painting with the same palette, this one went faster. Of course, it's the warm up and the practice with the set of colors. Different flower, same colors. Only one progress photo on this one. I did take a bit of artistic license on my resource photo by adding in the full flower on the right side. My photo did not include that.







No comments:

Post a Comment