Monday, June 12, 2017

Blushing Aloe

Blushing Aloe
9 x 12
Pastel on Art Spectrum Terra Cotta

This is a painting from an older resource photo from a trip to the Phoenix Desert Botanical Garden. What I liked about this aloe was the reddish/orange blush to the aloe. This painting just flowed nicely. All Ludwigs and a few Nu Pastels. Another Magical Copal Incense painting, the second in the session for that day. I even remembered the progress photos again! The other thing you may notice is that I'm also remembering to take a photo of the palette of colors I am using. WOW! I am totally grooving now!

Blogging about my art has become not only a way of sharing my work, but it's also my art journal. After this last hiatus from regular painting due to the high season for art festivals as well as my corporate travel, I found reading my own blog and looking at the photos helped me to remember how I paint! I know that sounds silly, but it's true. What did I do for the paintings that I felt worked? What colors did I use, what paper? It all helps to document and track. I can also look at my paintings over the years and see my growth and changes. Yes, this has been an amazing journey! Here's to trudging the road!











The likely frame


No comments:

Post a Comment