Saturday, April 8, 2017

Early Glimmer

Early Glimmer
12 x 9
Pastel on Art Spectrum Umber

During this week, after my early morning walks, I took many photos of the agave and various plants in my yard in the early morning light. They simply glowed in that perfect subtle light. The favorite agave I have is Mr Ripple. It's somewhat of an uncommon agave and I do my best to propagate any pups that come off the mother plant. I know her days will end at some point. She'll send up a huge flower spike which will signal her demise. But for now, I enjoy the beauty.

I needed a bit of beautiful light today. Going through some difficult end of life times with one of our fur babies. I guess it's kind of like the agave. I know eventually the agave will bloom and die, and so will kitty - heck - so will we all. Kitty is presently starting to isolate and I know he's in the studio under some furniture in a warm dark place as I paint. It's comforting to know he is in there with me, even though I can't see him. While that seems a bit dark, it reminds me to live each day to the fullest and experience joy. So, like Kitty is there even though I can't see him, I know my Higher Power is there even though it's not apparent, and that I suppose is faith. 




No comments:

Post a Comment