Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Twist of Sugar

Twist of Sugar
5 x 7
Colored Pencil on Hot Press Watercolor Paper

Here's a little doodle I started back in January when I was on my 8 hour flight to Hawaii. I started it about 2/3 into the flight, then never got back to it until this past weekend while I was at the Bayou City Arts Festival in Houston Texas. I like traveling with my colored pencils. They are clean and easy for travel. The patrons like to see artists working too. 

It was also good to get back to some colored pencil for a change of pace and a change of size in drawings. It was a lovely weekend at the Bayou City Arts Festival in Memorial Park as well. 

Now that it's March, the hummingbirds have returned to Texas. Some, like the Rufous have left back to the NW and Canada. I spotted my first female at the feeders at home on March 17th - what a lucky Saint Patrick's day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment