Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Egg Bowl

Egg Bowl
9 x 12
Pastel on UArt 500

This was a fleeting egg thought that became a one of my daily paintings. I've been having a lot of egg thoughts lately as I appear to be going through an egg phase. I wanted to see how this composition would work and how I liked it. I liked this but may revisit again and play more with the color palette.  I also need to work w/the perspective and angle. I took this photo not at "egg level" (Hah!) so the bowl seems to float in space. I need to adjust that.

After naming my last painting "Eggstra Innings", I was thinking of other word play related to eggs. I thought of Egg Rolls...but how does one draw rolling eggs? So, I thought of Egg BOWL! Since I woke up at 4am today, I decided to just get out of bed and get busy. I did this painting before the work day. My resource photo didn't have good lighting, so I may need to take this to a 'life painting'. I'll have to blow the contents out of the eggs so I just have shells since I can't let the eggs sit out at room temperature for long. It's been a VERY Long time since I've done any egg blowing..or egg painting. Now, there's another egg idea - Eggstravigant - a painting of decorated eggs! How delightful that will be for Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment