Saturday, December 17, 2016

Orange Bloom Pink Buds

Orange Bloom Pink Buds
12 x 9
Pastel on Art Spectrum Umber

From "The Painting Plan" is one of the blooms from the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix. What I liked about this particular photo and cactus was the single screaming orange bloom and many buds to follow. I liked the gold and mint green of the forming buds. So many stages of development.

I set my time this session and this painting is a 70 minute painting. So three progress shots and the final shot. It's not that I'm trying to paint fast, or slow, just want to get progress shots to share. This is just how it flowed today.

Start

20 minutes

40 minutes
60 minutes

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. And so interesting to see your process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lavina! I'm so pleased that sharing my process has been interesting for you!

      Delete