Saturday, December 3, 2016

Dangerous Curves

Dangerous Curves
9 x 12
Pastel on Art Spectrum Colourfix - Raw Sienna

This was today's warm up painting, and boy do I need to warm up! It's COLD outside. Okay, well, reality is that cold for this Texan is high 40's. But it's raining and I'm missing summer days. I do like the heat. I think I may have been a lizard in a prior life.

Digging back into my resource photos from the Phoenix Desert Botanical Garden from April. I really like the macro view on this shot as well as the undulation an curve of the leaves. Working to paint fast and loose. Started getting too detailed and had to step back and dance a bit, then continue. I get one day to paint this weekend - then travel for work tomorrow  to a colder place.

Here's a few progress shots. I start out with good intentions to take pictures, then I get in the zone and forget. I need to remember to set my timer, or learn how to do a video and speed it up for you.

I'm having my studio sale through the month of December, so if this one suits your fancy it's 15% off, and if you're a return collector, add another 15% on top of that. FREE Shipping for unframed paintings.




No comments:

Post a Comment