Saturday, September 17, 2016

Passionate Duet

Passionate Duet
25 x 19
Pastel on Sennelier LaCarte (Dark Grey)



I'm absolutely tickled purple painting these passion flowers. So much fun!! This pair belong to my cousin. I really like how these two were in a shadier spot vs the prior painting of my neighbor's flower (Singular Passion) which was in full sunlight.

I feel free painting on these larger pieces of Sennelier LaCarte. Even better is that the sanded papers were recently on sale at Jerry's Artarama. I may have to call and see if they are still on sale and go get more. I have 3 more pieces left and so many things in my head yet to do. Trust me, you do NOT want to be in my head! It's a very busy place - exhausting sometimes.

So, in my prior post, I shared how I've been working with the same company for 15 years. This morning, I received an email with codes to redeem prizes for my years of service. I am absolutely thrilled that it includes coupons for Dell! I am in the market for a new laptop with a high end video card and screen resolution.  All the better to see my art with my dear! The award along with employee discounts means I'll be getting in for under 1K!! Further, Dell is putting out some nicer Ultrabooks Oct 4! The universe just lined up and made all this possible for me. I am grateful. I am blessed with two wonderful jobs - corporate and creative.

I am also grateful for the artistic gift I have been given. This painting, like Singular Passion, just flowed....easily and simply. I try to think about what my particular value proposition is for my art work. What I am coming to believe is that it's my 'job' to share the beauty of nature. I am concerned that so many are unable to enjoy nature with the density of our cities. So, I hope to give individuals the opportunity to bring nature indoors - in a very low maintenance way. As Frida Khalo is credited with saying "I paint flowers so they do not die."

Here are the progress shots of Passionate Duet. 







3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, love your progress shots. I just started working on the gray sanded paper too. The larger format is fun too! Well done.

    ReplyDelete