Sunday, August 14, 2016

Papaya on Grape

Papaya on Grape
9 x 6
Pastel on UArt 500

Continuing on in the Tropical Trio group, we proceed with a papaya. Kind of a tasteless fruit, at least the ones we get here in grocery stores are tasteless. I remember them at breakfast in Mexico with lime squeezed on top - YUM! 

What is interesting to me about the papaya and the kiwi is the blackness of the seeds. Such a contrast with the fruit. In the papaya, the seeds are as beautiful as caviar. In this case, the seeds are so strong, I left out the knife that I've been putting in my compositions of other fruit on various bright colors.

I also have to admit I felt a bit like Georgia and her art in the symbology. I did it completely unconsciously. But, as I was painting, I am reminded that a fruit is the result of plant reproduction, so I suppose it's only natural that this fruit likened to lady parts. So, that may or may not gross you out, but it's the reality of it. As with many of Georgia's flowers, those are reproductive parts of plants - so there you have it.



No comments:

Post a Comment