Sunday, August 7, 2016

Citrus on Cerulean

Citrus on Cerulean
9 x 6
Pastel on Pastel Premier

Me and these lemons went round and round. Some days are easy, some days are just not that. I didn't sleep well last night and slept later than usual as a result. That may have something to do with it. In addition, I think the prior two paintings on this paper went better because I used mostly Nu Pastel and some softer pastels. With this one, my vibrant turquoise blues and yellows were part of my softer sets. This paper just doesn't have quite enough tooth. By the end I was just pushing pastel around. 

However, that being said, I'm pretty happy w/the trio of paintings. I was going to do a fourth painting of a grapefruit. Sadly, the one we got at the store wasn't very pretty inside. Sure, I could make it up, but....I only have 3 frames of the sort I'd like to use for these paintings - black wood to go w/the knife and set off the colors nicely. Plus, the grapefruit was going to be on yellow - which I'm not too sure of right now. So for now, we will have a citrus trio. 



Limes on Orange
Oranges on Lime

Citrus on Cerulean


No comments:

Post a Comment