Monday, June 13, 2016

Rotation

Rotation
12 x 9
Pastel on Art Spectrum
Sanded Paper Burnt Umber

This is the second in the series of cactus flowers from the Phoenix Desert Botanical Garden. I started this particular painting 4 days from the day I finished it. On the first day, I just set it aside as what I considered a "meh" painting. After I completed what I consider a successful painting in the same vein, I went back and reworked this one as well as Illumination

As I sat down to name this painting, what struck me about these flowers was the two big blooms, a gap, then 3 about to rotate forward. I almost imagined the cactus paddle turning counter clockwise...rotating from bud to bloom. Kind of like a clock, yet backwards, I had to return to the beginning, turning back the painting clock to begin again. Sometimes in life, we have to return to the same lessons over and over until we learn them. I learn so much at the easel.





No comments:

Post a Comment