Friday, June 3, 2016

Green Goblin

Green Goblin (After value adjustment)12 x 9
Pastel on Art Spectrum Sanded Paper (Terracotta)




Green Goblin (BEFORE)

It's that time of year I need to treat for the agave snout weevil. As I walked the yard sprinkling the granules around my prize agave, I thought about my recent painting of "Green Lantern". I also have an image in mind from my trip to Big Bend of a pointy green agave that I thought I would paint and call "Green Arrow". Then, I as I walked my yard, I came upon one of my Agave Salmiana which is commonly called the Green Goblet. It was then that I realized I also needed a Green Goblin in what I've just named the Agave Superheroes Series. Gotta keep all my super heroes together! It's a bummer there are no blue superheroes...but there ARE blue X Men - like Mystique, Beast....hmmm..this could be fun.

Anyway, so here's Green Goblin...the Agave Salmiana and the progress shots of the painting.

Update June 4 - overnight - I decided the Green Goblin was Blah. Not enough value shift. I updated. 














No comments:

Post a Comment