Saturday, June 4, 2016

Green Arrow

Green Arrow
12 x 9
Pastel on Art Spectrum (Black)

This is the last of the Green Super Hero Agave - the Green Arrow. It's so much richer in person...photos just don't do it justice. I look forward to revisiting this agave in a larger format. What I liked about this one was the greens, blues, and teals of the agave leaves, and the dark purples, blues and pinks of the thorns. 

In addition, this lovely specimen also has some really nice 'ghost leaves'. I became fascinated with these impressions some time ago. As the agave grows and unfurls each leaf, the leaves underneath are left w/the impressions of the tightness of the leaf that used to be arranged on top of it. Agave are just amazing to me. Once I stopped to look at their beauty long enough I began to see thorns of different colors and of course the ghost leaves..I fell even more hopelessly in love with them. 

Blue Agave Super Hero is up next...still thinking more more blue names. In the meantime, here's a few progress shots of Green Arrow






No comments:

Post a Comment