Thursday, June 16, 2016

Fireworks

Fireworks
7 x 5
Pastel on Pastel Premier Sanded Paper



A couple of years back, I did a painting of this flower called Gaillardia pulchella. When I was in college, this was our school flower. Some folks also call these flowers Indian Blankets. As I searched for what to name that painting back then, I learned that these flowers are also called Firewheels - and that's what I named the painting then. It's interesting to look at the old painting and the new and see how my work has changed. So now, as the Firewheels are finishing out their very prolific bloom here in Texas, it was time to return to these lovelies. 

I'm also getting ready for the big show in Rockport over July 4th weekend. So, it was time for some fireworks! I wanted to have a few more small paintings as all but one of the framed ones sold over the last few shows. Here's a couple progress shots...




No comments:

Post a Comment