Sunday, April 10, 2016

Sweet Stop

Sweet Spot
5 x 7
Colored and Watercolor Pencils
Hot Pressed Watercolor Paper
Here's a little something I worked on yesterday while I was at the Wildflower Center signing posters and T Shirts. There are natural lulls in the gift store traffic. So during those lulls,  I got it started on this sweet little humminbird. I finished it up today. Thank you to my friend M Searcy for the inspirational photograph.

It's been a challenging last couple of weeks with a sick pet and travel. Fortunately, my partner Rick stayed back with kitty and took him to the kitty oncologist. It was hard to leave home but fortunately, my trip started with some travel for artistic work to the Phoenix Desert Botanical Garden for resrouce photos. Following 2 days in Phoenix, I went on to my work destination in Indianapolis.

I'm back out to Phoenix again for corporate work tomorrow. I'm grateful for the Botanical Illustration classes I'm taking as they have given me a very clean and portable solution for artwork when I travel. 

Here's a photo of the work in progress. Now that I look at it, I think I like the plain white background over the light watercolor wash. Learning a new medium is fun.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, this has a whole new feel o it. You're growing fast these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice!! I felt like this was an "okay" piece of work or maybe even failure. Your comment makes me smile

      Delete