Saturday, April 30, 2016

Ocotillo Angel

s
Ocotillo Angel
7 x 5
Colored Pencil on
Hot Pressed Watercolor Paper

Celbrating 200 posts today!!! I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate than the day I had today. It was bittersweet since today was my last day signing posters and T Shirts at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. 

On my way, I was honored to visit a friend whom I met in as a classmate in the Wendy Hollender Botanical Illustration class. Her garden was delightful and I see the reason we both like doing botanical illustration. Afterwards, I went to the Wildflower Center. While I sit at the table waiting for patrons requesting signatures, I entertain myself by drawing. Apparently, it's pretty entertaining for children and adults as well. The best part of the day was a couple who came up to observe my drawing process and they mentioned their mother who is 88 who is an artist in hibernation. They were so inspired by my colored pencil work, they purchased adult coloring books and colored pencils at the gift shop for mom. I was very honored to be that inspiration. 

Since two of the four latest hummingbird colored pencil paintings already sold, I thought I would do some new ones. Here's one of two. This is Ocotillo Angel. She's inspired by the many photos I took in early April at the Phoenix Desert Botanical Garden. 

1 comment: