Sunday, February 21, 2016

Bloomin' Chicks

Bloomin' Chicks
18 x 12
Pastel on UArt 500 Sanded Paper

Oh my goodness gracious does it feel wonderful to feel wonderful and be able to paint again! Sure, I painted a bit while I was sick, but it's just not the same. It's a struggle. This painting was a pleasure - it flowered. Truly, I was going to type flowed - but flowered came out - and that is how it is!

This is the 'cousin' painting to "Totem Chicks" from November. This is same plant now in bloom. Truly, today, I felt like I bloomed. I'm in complete and utter gratitude today for this gift- the gift of an easy painting, of feeling well and for all the blessings in my life. 

Here's a few progress shots of Bloomin' Chicks and the side by side of the cousins.









2 comments:

  1. Oooooooooo! Love love love this! Sorry, been crazy busy lately but I'm seeing your gorgeous works. They ALWAYS make me smile :D May 2016 be PHENOMENAL for us both! Hugs :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooooo! Love love love this! Sorry, been crazy busy lately but I'm seeing your gorgeous works. They ALWAYS make me smile :D May 2016 be PHENOMENAL for us both! Hugs :D

    ReplyDelete