Sunday, January 17, 2016

Breakfast Fruit Cups

Breakfast Fruit Cups
18 x 12
Pastel on UArt 500 Sanded Paper
Good to be back at the easel this weekend. I've had this little Verdin calling me. This little guy had been calling my name so loudly that I dreamed about him, which of course meant he needed to be in a painting. 

After my last painting fiasco, I took this one to the sketchbook first. I see a couple of touch ups I need to do at this point. That's the good thing about taking photographs. For example, The back left wing in shadow needs to be a bit longer, simply because of the way the bird is leaning in. Speaking of leaning, the saguaro is leaning a bit to the left - so I guess it's not a conservative saguaro (hah!).

I enjoyed doing this piece based on shapes - cylinders, spheres. It felt really good to paint overall. Here's a few progress shots - including the sketch. 











No comments:

Post a Comment