Thursday, December 3, 2015

Skyflower

Skyflower
7 x 5
Pastel on Pastel Premier Sanded Paper
Here's another of my paintings from Monday. It was seriously good to get back to painting. Truly it was exercise I really needed. This is Skyflower, also called Duranta. One of my favorite flowers. So unique and delicate with the white outlines around each petal.

I've been so focused on my full time job and my weekend show schedule, that my time to paint had dwindled. Painting has reminded me that it's also time to do some physical self care as well. I've let my exercise program slip over the last two months. It appears the two (painting exercise and physical exercise) may be related! I've made it a point to get to yoga the last 2 days - what a difference it has made already!!! Why is it so hard sometimes to do the things we know are good for us?



No comments:

Post a Comment