Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Poppy Garden

Poppy Garden
19 x 25
Pastel on Sennelier La Carte Sanded Paper
Here's a big something I did back in late October. I couldn't share it until after Nov 20th when the deadline passed for the event to which I was submitting the piece. I've not heard back about the entry and not sure when I will as the details are not on the website.

These red poppies are inspired by my memory of my mom's red poppies and some silk poppies I have in the house. I did several passes of these for this final piece. The large piece is pretty powerful in real life. I hope the judges like it.


3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the color and movement of this piece. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the color and movement of this piece. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANOTHER winner! You're hot these days, girl. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete