Saturday, December 26, 2015

Paintbrush

Paintbrush
7 x 5
Pastel on Pastel Premier Sanded Paper
Gouache Underpaint

Continuing in the theme of gouache underpainting. I need to get some progress photos so I can share the process with you. This is also more in the Texas Wildflowers series. I am getting wildflowers and native plants ready for the Artists and Artisans event at the Wildflower Center in March. 

Last month, I did some work on pastel premier and wasn't that thrilled with it. Now, that I'm underpainting, I'm appreciating it a bit more. 

I liked this painting so much, I did it again on Arches watercolor paper. This was definitely a departure for me- in baby steps. The watercolor paper had a much rougher tooth and was difficult for me to work with - much less detail than I prefer. I have to say, I'm starting to like the fine toothed Pastel Premier.


Gouache Underpaint
Arches Watercolor Cold Pressed


Paintbrush Array
12 x 9
Pastel on Arches Watercolor Paper

2 comments:

  1. I can't discern a difference between the papers on my monitor. I prefer the paintbrush array because it shows depth, better perspective than the other painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael! I echo your sentiment. I think I like the composition of the array - but the paper of the single paintbrush

      Delete