Thursday, December 24, 2015

Jolly Green Agave

,
Jolly Green Agave
7 x 5
Pastel on Pastel Premier Sanded Paper

It may be shorts and flip flops this Christmas in Texas - at least for the next 2 days. I'm okay with it - as I'm not much for cold or snow. Christmas is a state of mind anyway. 

As you can imagine, I have alot of Agave in my yard. They serve as not only garden friends, but inspiration for my paintings. This year, I finally did something I've always wanted to do - decorate my agave. I found some shatterproof ornaments. It took about 150 to decorate the big boys. Yank off the little hanger doo-dahs and place the ornament over the thorn. All at once, you have safe and festive agave. Here's a few pics of some of the "jesters". This painting became my Christmas card this year! 

I wish you all a peaceful and blessed Christmas eve and Day!









No comments:

Post a Comment