Saturday, October 31, 2015

Hello Sunny

Hello Sunny
19.5 x 25.5
Pastel on Sennelier LaCarte
Hello Again! After far too long!!! I am finishing up a painting I started last weekend. These sunny sunflowers are just what is needed today. It's been a busy month and a half getting ready for art shows that have been postponed due to weather. Up and down, round and round. Last week, the Wimberley Alive show was postponed due to heavy rains. Again, this weekend, more rain. I was supposed to be in New Mexico today for the opening of the Pastel Society of New Mexico show in Albuquerque. The rain was so bad yesterday at the airport in Austin - 14 inches in less than 24 hours. The control tower flooded. I cancelled my flight yesterday because I knew the airport would be a zoo today with people trying to rebook. Travel for fun reasons shouldn't be stressful. So, I made an executive decision. I'm glad I did, because the flight got cancelled anyway.

Thankfully, we are safe though some family homes are flooded. We always need the rain in Texas, just preferably not in one day. Sometimes, we don't get to tailor our wishes.

I'll be sharing some more paintings soon! Thank you as always for your love and support and kindness. Shares are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment