Saturday, September 12, 2015

Poppy Pair

Poppy Pair
9 x 6
Pastel on UArt 500 Sanded Paper
Just a little doodle today. I'm needed some color. I've been doing so many cacti and birds, I needed a diversion. I'm exploring poppies. I did a series of poppies about this time last year after a visit to New Mexico in the early summer (see the blog post here). I'm exploring the colors of red in light and shadow, and other color harmonies. These are actually a painting of some silk flowers since poppies aren't blooming right now. I changed the colors based on the memory of poppies my mom used to plant and an experience I had of a field of wild poppies so many years ago, and so far away. I did another red flower earlier this year that I saw in Central Market, but I don't think it was a poppy afterall. I'll have to change the name of my painting Poppy Pulchritude. That post of Poppy Pulchritude also included a pic of me in that poppy field in that long ago and far away place. So, that's all I have to say about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment