Sunday, September 13, 2015

Grand Evening Joy

Grand Evening Joy
10 x 19.5
Pastel on Sennelier LeCarte

Continuing in the theme of different, I haven't done a landscape in months, many months. The resource photo for this painting was taken by my sister in law when she and my brother were visiting the Grand Canyon this year. The image had such a quiet feeling, a serenity. It has been calling me for a very long time. I think the land is calling me. I need a trip to West Texas, Arizona, or New Mexico - soon.

Today was a beautiful day in Texas - mild and clear, so I knew this was the work to be done today. I cropped the image so the painting would be more about the water and reflection vs having the land right at the horizontal center. I used Sennelier LaCarte paper. I think I would like to revisit this painting again....like I'd like to be in this environment in reality.



No comments:

Post a Comment