Sunday, August 16, 2015

Breakfast: Saguaro Side Up

Breakfast: Saguaro Side Up
18 x 12
Pastel on UArt 500 Sanded Paper

Happy places - one of mine is the Phoenix Desert Botanical Garden. As the heat builds when spring transitions into summer, it's important to get there extra early. My last trip was in June and I arrived a bit before sunrise. As I waited around for the gates to open I met a wonderful photographer who lives in the area and frequents the garden. We chatted for awhile and as the gates opened, he led me to an area where the birds were expected. Sure enough, there were Gila Woodpeckers, Canyon Wren, and hummingbirds. I was in heaven with two of my favorite things - cactus and birds. It was a beautiful morning. I met a generous and kind person and my life was richer for the moment of living in the now and being in gratitude of the beauty of nature.

This is a painting of one of the shots I got of a Cactus Wren enjoying his breakfast. Today, I felt like I was "on". The Fred Soll Resin on a Stick incense burning (Frankincense and Sandalwood) was calming and playing was my new favorite album I Love You by The Neighbourhood. This painting just flowed....it felt so good. It's a spiritual place where I go, losing time and being one with the gift I was given.




2 comments:

  1. Girl, your use of value contrast is getting into eye candy levels! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply ADORE this one. You nailed this. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete