Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Reggae Time

Reggae Time
12 x 9
Pastel on UArt 600 Sanded Paper
I had the great pleasure of visiting the Phoenix Desert Botanical Gardens again. I was so excited about being there. I had limited time and knew the places I wanted to stop - especially the agave garden. This is a Cow's Horn Agave - specifically "Reggae Time". Yes. Really.

What I liked about this agave was damage on the lower leaves, the pock marks were spectacular. In addition, as always, I am fascinated by the imprints left on the leaves where they were wrapped together as they grew. 

I decided to try out some of the Terry Ludwig pastels I picked up at IAPS. Here's the resource photo and a few progress shots. Thanks for reading. I look forward to hearing your comments. Social media shares are always appreciated. 








No comments:

Post a Comment