Friday, July 10, 2015

Plum Golden

Plum Golden
9 x 12
Pastel on UArt 600 Sanded Paper

I'm really enjoying this painting from real stuff thing!!! What fun! Who knew? The designer in me is having a wonderful time putting things together. I'm still working with my new thrift store square bowl. These are sadly the last two black plums in the house, and one will be eaten tonight. I'm sure these golden delicious will be eaten soon as well. 

Purple is my favorite color. I find purple and orange pleasing, as well as a touch of gold/yellow. So the golden delicious really set off the plums. What is a bit hard to see in the photo is that the dishcloth has gold threads that run alongside the yellow stripes. I used an iridescent pastel to set that off. Oh how it shines in the sunlight! 


1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying these still life pieces, they're quite special!

    ReplyDelete