Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Aloe Sunset

Aloe Sunset
19 x 25
Pastel on Sennelier La Carte (Brown)

This is the first larger painting I've done in quite some time and I very much enjoyed the process. I've forgotten how much I enjoy the real estate! In my opinion, some cactus are just larger than life and they need room to spread their leaves. I'm going to have several shows coming up in the fall and would like to have some new larger pieces to share. To receive notice of my upcoming shows, you can sign up on my website.

This is a soap aloe which is one of the many progeny from the original gift from my sister in law Joy. The first time I painted the soap aloe I named the painting "Joy's Aloe". That was a couple of years ago and it's fun to look back on the changes in my work. Here's a few progress shots of "Aloe at Sunset".










3 comments:

  1. THIS is one of your best. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS is one of your best. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Shan, one of your best. You've hit a home run here.

    ReplyDelete