Saturday, June 27, 2015

Summer Plums

Summer Plums
9 x 12
Pastel on Sennelier LeCarte Sanded Paper
I love Saturdays. I especially love that Rick goes to the grocery store on Saturdays. He likes to shop - I don't. Today, he bought some plums. I couldn't resist another still life. So it was plums on parade today!

When I was digging in my drawer of pre-cut sanded paper, I found a sheet of Sennelier Le Carte paper that was part of the samples we were given in my IAPS workshop with Sally Strand. I have to say I enjoyed this paper more than I expected. 

Here's the resource photo and progress shots. When I did the peach painting last week, I realized after the finished and put the photo and the finished product together, that I liked the chair in the background. This time, I put the chair in the painting. I'm also trying to remember to set a timer when I paint. It is helpful to have the series of progress shots. I often go back to my blogs when I need to remember how I did something. So, while I enjoy sharing my work, the unexpected benefit is that this blog truly is my art journal of sorts. Thank you for allowing me to share my art with you. I appreciate your reading and comments. Of course, it's an honor when you share my work with others and I can never thank you enough.









No comments:

Post a Comment