Sunday, May 31, 2015

Two for Show One to Go

Two for Show One to Go
9 x 6
Pastel on Mi Tientes Touch
Sanded Board (Indigo)
This is the butter yellow bi-color iris in my yard. It blooms all summer. It has a narrow thin blade like leaf and grows in a big clump - somewhat grass like. What I like most about these flowers is the three little touches of dark dark purple with orange. It's a simple and delicate beauty  - but she's tenacious. 

Two blooms and one flower on the way seem like a mirror of two suitcases and one day to go. Tomorrow we leave for the biggest pastel party on the planet - the IAPS  convention (International Association of Pastel Societies). I'm super excited about my workshop with Sally Strand and learning about the "Color of Light". I'm excited about the vendor booths and just the learning in general. Mostly, I'm looking forward to seeing and spending time with all my artist friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment