Monday, May 25, 2015

Repose

Repose
9.5 x 6
Pastel on Mi Tientes
Sanded Board (Tobacco)

Rushing, buzzing, dodging other birds, darting from flower to flower - the life of a hummingbird is very busy. Yet, even the hummingbird has a moment in repose. This little lady is taking a moment to herself. This is so much a mirror of my own life sometimes. Rushing about, darting from task to task. 

Today is a day for recharging my batteries - and for me that means painting. Painting is my soul work, my heart work, the closest to heaven I can feel in the moment. (Listening to the Goo Goo Dolls - Iris). I watched Kung Fu Panda again last night while I did some paperwork for my art. it's one of my favorite movie especially the parts with Master Oogway. Master Oogway tells Po, "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is  mystery, but today is a gift, that's why it's called 'The Present'". Live in the moment - it's the only one we've got!


No comments:

Post a Comment