Sunday, May 10, 2015

Prosperous - and Happy Mother's Day!!

Prosperous
12 x 9
Pastel on UArt 600 Sanded Paper
I often use a thesaurus when I name paintings. Prosperous comes up when searching for golden. Being that this cactus has a plethora of golden blooms, it is indeed prosperous. I really liked the light on this flower and corresponding buds. I also liked that the cactus pads were not straight on but rather edgewise. It makes the focus go to the floral elements.

My lovely friend Lilly sent me this photo. Her daughter took it...how appropriate that it's a post for Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! There are not enough words to convey how much I love my mom and miss her every day. She worked so hard to provide for us. How I wish I could share my garden with her - the flowers, the birds, the koi. A friend recently shared a thought that cardinals represent our loved ones coming to visit. I have several pair in my yard - I think perhaps one set at least is my mom and dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment