Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Poppy Pulchritude

Poppy Pulchritude
10 x 9
Pastel on Mi Tientes Board (Blue)
Recently, after a trip to visit some baby goats, we stopped at our local grocer that is known for their stunning flower department and excellent organic foods selection. I couldn't resist getting a few shots of some of their beautiful flowers. Among them were red poppies. 

Seeing them reminded me of a time decades ago - back in the late 1980s. I was on a drive near Martindale, Texas which is Southeast of Austin (due east of San Marcos). There were alot of rainy days then, like there are now and the landscape was lush. We had crossed a river and came up from the dip of the bridge and there was this field of wild red poppies. Absolutely stunning. We stopped so I could go sit in this field, and of course, I picked a few being young and impetuous.



I think that pleasant memory helped this painting to just flow out onto the paper easily. I love those paintings, when the flow is there. It was almost like that day, the flow took us to that beautiful field and a beautiful surprise. Life is like that sometimes, when we flow and don't fight...we find so much beauty in the moment. I hope you have some flowing moments today.

Thank you as always for reading. Your social media shares of my blog are welcomed and appreciated.

Namaste!


2 comments: