Saturday, May 30, 2015

Magnolia Pearl

Magnolia Pearl
10 x 9.5
Pastel on Mi Tientes
Sanded Board (Indigo)

Here's another Magnolia from my neighbor's tree. I'm enjoying exploring the colors of white. Notice I used a plural colors. I'm getting excited about my upcoming workshop at the IAPS (International Association of Pastel Societies) next week. I'll be taking a workshop with Sally Strand called "The Color of Light". In the case of this painting, I'm working on capturing the color of white in the petals of the magnolia. White has so many colors...as it reflects and absorbs light from adjacent leaves and the sky. I realized as I was putting this one up in my studio, I've been on quite a white and yellow kick lately. Seems painting moods go in flows....I'm just going with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment