Sunday, May 17, 2015

Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug
11 x 8.5
Pastel on Archival Card Stock
This is a favorite cactus flower of mine - Claret Cups. They are not really claret in color which is really more red. And yikes - I just did a thesaurus look up on claret and blood and gore came up! Maybe these are claret because those spines will draw some blood? Anyway - I digress - no surprise there. These guys bloomed recently, towards the start of April. I stopped and took photos on the side of the road. 

When I came home and looked at the photos on my laptop, I realized that some of the flower images had a lady bug within. I didn't have my glasses on when I took the photos, so this was a nice surprise.

I did this painting on the weekend during my self imposed break a few weeks back. I had ordered a full set of CarbOthello pastel pencils and wanted to play. There is nothing like a new set of colors. Just as exciting as an adult to have new colors as it was when I was little. (okay- I hear those of you that know me personally saying - "But - you're still "little" - - yeah yeah - and shrinking.) It was more of a doodle than anything. So, doodles - and bugs....well, you get it - "Doodle Bug". 

Thanks as always for reading! Facebook or other social media shares are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment