Saturday, March 28, 2015

Fuschia Blaze


Fuschia Blaze
12 x 9
Pastel on Art Spectrum Sand
Wow...it is good to be painting again! I've spent most of my time over the last several weeks preparing for the upcoming AAHC Studio Tour (Apr 11-12) and Art and Wine on the Square in Belton (Apr 25). I will have just over 60 paintings with me - about 1/4 framed, the others are matted and bagged.  I also spent some time setting up my new website and doing a newsletter. I hope you'll check it out!

Over the last 3 weeks, Spring has also sprung and I've had loads of yard work. Yeah, I paint botanicals, but all that starts with the real garden and pond. Now, the gardens are pruned, weeded (mostly), and fertilized. The pond is cleared of frozen plant life, biofalls cleaned, and waterlilies fertilized. The truck of mulch arrives on Monday. Along the way, I've also been collecting resource photos at the garden stores. I can't help myself when I get to the succulent section. 

I didn't make it to Arizona this spring and was quite disappointed. I do have several friends who live in Phoenix, Scottsdale and Tucson, so I begged them for some blooming cactus photos. The reference for this painting is from my friend Donna. I did do one other painting back on Mar 16th, wrote up the blog and forgot to post! That will be up next. I'm so ready to be back to my daily (or at least several times a week) painting routine! 

Thanks for visiting and reading! Shares are welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment