Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Golden Edge

The Golden Edge
12 x 9
Buy Now with Pay Pal
Rules. I don't like them. I prefer to live more by the Pirate Code stated in the movie Pirates of the Caribbean: "..... the Code is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules." While I do like is a certain level of order, it doesn't mean that it's rules. What does this have to do with a painting? It's the odd way my mind works - kind of all over the place. When trying to name this painting (oh look, there's a squirrel) I saw the golden lines that edge the leaves. Golden lines kind of reminded me of "The Golden Rule". Rule - ugh. I prefer to live a little more on the edge. My goal is to push myself to do something I don't think I can do. Sometimes it means having the support of friends because sometimes I can't do something alone - but together we can! Sometimes it's trainers who tell me - just 5 more, or just a little faster on the treadmill. I don't think I can, but then I do. It's amazing what we have within us. 

If you have a dream, live it. Seize the day!!! The time is NOW! Push yourself beyond your edges. Carpe Diem!

2 comments:

  1. Your agave are gaining in strength. Fun to watch your process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice Jo Webb - thank you so much for the encouragement!!

      Delete