Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Glacial

Glacial
12 x 9
Pastel on UArt Sanded Paper
I'm almost out of photos of Agave that I feel are "paintable". I have had this one since July 2013. It's one I spied at a local nursery. It's name is Blue Ice - or Agave colorata. Last month, I thought I had painted Blue Ice, but it was actually Blue Glow. This is truly the ice man. What's really unique about this agave is the very distinct claw like protrusions for the thorns. 

I think I might have 1 or 2 more agave planned from my stash of photos, then it will be out to the local nurseries for more photos...or just driving around. The challenge is to find one that is different/unique. I'd like to get a good picture of a Agave havardiana - and there are a bunch in West Texas!

Here's a few progress shots of my process. I had hoped to make this one a bit more pink/fuschia - but I lost it somewhere along the way. Perhaps I'll have to find it again!







No comments:

Post a Comment