Sunday, January 11, 2015

Ghost Leaves

Ghost Leaves
14 x 10
Pastel on UArt Paper
One of the aspects I love about Agaves is the ghost patterns on the leaves. These patterns have been left from the time when the leaf was wrapped tightly in the centermost part of the plant. This is my "Mr. Ripple" agave (see my post from January 10). This particular shot really showed off the ghost patterns on th leaves. I did this painting on UArt paper and underpainted with Pan Pastels. The universe validated my planned name for this painting. As I was wrapping up, the song "The Ghost in You" by the Psychedelic Furs played. 









Yes, today was about ghosts. Ghosts of leaves, ghosts of the past, and ghosts of the future. 



A man in my shoes runs a light
And all the papers lied tonight
But falling over you
Is the news of the day

Angels fall like rain
And love, love, love is all of Heaven away





No comments:

Post a Comment