Saturday, January 24, 2015

Blue Glow Star

Blue Glow Star
14 x 10
Pastel on UArt Paper
Yesterday, I went out in a moment of sunshine to take photos of some of my cacti. I wanted to have some new views for this weekend's painting. In particular, I wanted to take more straight down views so I could do more creations like "Kaleidoscope" (see post from Jan 5, 2015). As I made my way about the yard, I took some of Blue Glow as well as Cream Spike. These are  smaller agave - maybe 8-12 inches in diameter. Then, I saw it, the agave that inspired "Kaleidoscope". It had frozen. I was horrified. Fortunately, she had some babies underneath. The frozen cactus should protect the babes. Therefore, in honor of our fallen agave, I am dedicating the next few to her. 

4 comments:

  1. These just get better and better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice Jo! Means alot coming from my fellow cactus lover :)

      Delete
  2. Love the color combinations in this one. VERY striking :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the appreciation Shan!

      Delete