Thursday, January 1, 2015

Aquavemarine

Aquavemarine
18 x 12
Pastel on UArt 500 Paper

Happy New Year!!! I found a great way to celebrate the cold and rainy day of January 1st 2015 by adding a little warmth on the easel. Interestingly, looking back at 2014, I was painting cacti about this time of year then as well.

This is another agave from the Phoenix Desert Botanical Garden. As I write this, I realize that I forgot to put in the little fallen Palos Verdes leaves in the nooks and crannies. But....I'm kind of liking her without the distraction. I really loved this particular agave because of the aquamarine green/blue of the centermost younger leaves. So - she became "Aquavemarine"! I did this piece on UArt 500 sanded paper with an underpainting of Pan Pastel.

PS - to my friend in Utah - I created "The Cure" Pandora station. Definitely a correlation between that and my creative process. We started with "In Between Days".






No comments:

Post a Comment