Friday, December 26, 2014

Yin Yang

Yin Yang
12 x 9
Art Spectrum Sanded Paper in Elephant Grey

Time to balance out after the holiday festivities - particularly all the wonderful, but high calorie and high sugar foods. Also, the time with family, to be balanced with some introversion/introspection time. I find a lot of introspection at my easel. My monkey mind is engaged with the painting, allowing my subconscious to take control. I started this painting Wednesday (Christmas Eve) and finished it today. Perhaps unconsciously, I was already in search of balance - yin yang when I chose this subject I liked the way the source photo was half in/half out of the light. As with yin yang - the shadow cannot exist without the light. Capturing light - that is the essence of painting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment