Friday, December 19, 2014

Plenty Prickly

Plenty Prickly
12 x 9
Pastel on Art Spectrum Raw Sienna 
It's official! I'm out of my art funk. The paint and ideas are flowing again. Truly, it was the cacti that broke the cycle. 

Here's a little something to warm up your day.  This year was a banner year for prickly pears. Truly, I've never seen so many pears on the cactus in our yard. They are such an intense purple when they are ripe. But you have to get pictures and appreciate them quickly before the deer enjoy them as an end of summer treat. I really liked the wavy flow of cactus patties and pears in this image. Here's a few progress shots. I really need to set a timer so I take photos more often during the process.




4 comments:

  1. Of course, I love all things cactus. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice Jo Webb. I am honored to have your appreciation!!

      Delete
  2. Ah, your plants. These ALWAYS make me smile. Bravo, lovely lady. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shan!! Always love hearing from you!

      Delete