Monday, November 17, 2014

Golden Afternoon

Golden Afternoon
12 x 9
UArt Sanded Paper Elephant Grey
Back in September, I went to Utah to visit my best friend Big. She and I went on a walk to see a pond/watering hole that I painted for her earlier this year. The painting was called "On Midas' Pond" because her golden labrador Midas was investigating it in the photo. On the walk to Midas' pond, we walked through the fields of rabbit brush and sage brush. The rabbit brush was in full golden bloom. It was truly a golden afternoon not only because of the flowers, but also because it was one of those golden moments that will be in my memories for many years to come. 

I had the day off today, so had a good deal of time to paint. I also registered for the IAPS bi-annual convention which will be in June of 2015. Very excited about the opportunity for learning and meeting new friends. 


2 comments:

  1. You've handled the thick vegetation so well. Formatting it in portrait 'mode' instead of landscape makes it interesting visually, too. Cool piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alice Jo! I appreciate the feedback

    ReplyDelete