Thursday, November 13, 2014

Everywhere a Chick Chick

Everywhere a Chick Chick
12 x 9
Pastel on Art Spectrum Sanded Paper
Old Mac Donald had a farm, E I E I O
And on that farm he had some chicks, E I E I O
With a chick chick here and a chick chick there
Here a chick, there a chick, everywhere a chick chick!
Old Mac Donald had a farm, E I E I O

This hen has got her work cut out for her. She seems to be looking at all these little chicks around her and wondering what she should do. At first, I thought, maybe she should be "The Chicken in a Shoe"..who had so many children she didn't know what to do. But, clearly, she's not in a shoe. So, I went with the "Old Mac Donald" reference. This painting has been on my easel for a very long while just waiting for finishing touches. I finally got to a point where the rest of my life allowed me some time to do just that. It felt really good to have pastels in my hand again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment